Here is our never ending reiteration of things you can do to save on your fuel costs:
- Easy on the gas paddle. A lead foot is not fuel efficient.
- Plan your errands.
- Start walking or use a bicycle.
- Buy a vehicle that has better MPG than your current car.
- Go all electric...If you can afford this... Sorry Volt and Tesla.
- Maintain proper fluid levels...Oil and tranny fluid.
- Are your tires properly inflated?
- Use your cruise control.
- Drive the speed limit.
- Anticipate oncoming traffic patterns.
- Get your car tuned up.
- Take out any unnecessary items from your car.
- Have you replaced the air filter recently?
- Get an alignment done on all wheels.
- Parking or stopped for extended periods...Shut the car off.